*** PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS ALL CLUB ACTIVITIES ARE OPERATING UNDER RESTRICTED PROTOCOLS. SEE DESCRIPTIONS BELOW! ***
Update: June 17, 2020
The Royal Lawn Bowling Club is now open but operating under restrictions approved by the provincial government, Bowls Canada, and Bowls Alberta. If you are interested in bowling at this time please review the requirements below:
If you wish to start bowling, you need to:
- be a member of the Royal Lawn Bowling Club. Membership has been extended to all 2019 members for the 2020 season. Those wishing to become new members should contact Laura Hill at email@example.com
- no guests are allowed to bowl at this time.
- contact Randy at firstname.lastname@example.org to get registered for the online program; there is no bowling allowed unless you have reserved a timeslot online. Currently only 4 rinks are allowed to be used at one time and only 2 players per rink. Instructions on how to use the online system will be sent to you once you have requested to be registered with Randy.
- complete the 2 waivers (see previous emails) and drop them off to the safety monitor at the club the first time that you bowl
- bring your own equipment; the clubhouse is closed except for the washrooms
- If you need to sign out bowls for the season, contact Dennis at email@example.com
- follow the other rules laid out in previous emails to all club members.
If you have any questions, please email Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grass cutting/green maintenance schedule:
Current grass cutting and green maintenance schedule is 6:00 to 8:00 a.m. M-F and 4:00 to 6:00p.m. M/W/F. All weather permitting!
Other Club News:
Meanwhile, the facilities committee, led by Pete Wilson, is working with the government on a proposal to upgrade our green so that we can host future Alberta and Canada wide tournaments. This will involve work like resurfacing and leveling, new ditches and plinth boards and expanded grass area on the south side of the green (among other things). The timing has yet to be determined but the board is leaning to doing it this year given that the green may remain closed or have limited access due to the Covid-19 virus. Decisions are still pending and will depend on government approval and process.
No new date for a casino for the Royal Lawn Bowling Club has been scheduled at this time. Betty will advise all volunteers once we have any news on a rescheduled date.
Memberships from 2019 have been extended into 2020 at no additional cost pending a definitive plan for the reopening of our green and facility. Those who have paid for new memberships for 2020 will have their membership extended into 2021.
The website will be updated with news as it is received.